Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Great Outdoors

 Somtimes, I feel like we moved out to Gainesville or Lancaster. I mean the difference in wildlife here from Arlington is ridiculous.  Just yesterday I kicked over racoon poop (yes, I am now certain!) as I thought it was a fungus... I found tick on my bum in the early spring...it's like our very own National Geographic out there!


Butterfly by the kitchen window



Taffe was THRILLED to go chase after the butterfly!  Until he saw the rocks... then he threw rocks while yelling, "BUTTERFLY!  I SEE YOU!"  I don't think butterflies have good hearing cause he didn't fly away...
While I am not exactly thrilled with raccoons and foxes (see below!), I am loving our flowers. Taffe and planted some zinnia seeds in the late spring... and they actually bloomed!  By planting, I mean throwing seeds in the ground and kicking some dirt over them.  Zinnias, you will be planted again next year!



Our zinnias!
Oh foxy loxy.... you creep me out!  Pictures from May of our dear fox.  He loves to sun himself in our yard... I guess I should be grateful as he keeps out the rodents??? 


1 comment:

  1. We have a fox that hangs out in our backyard too! I love that you caught a picture though.

    ReplyDelete