Thursday, May 5, 2011

Showers Bring the Flowers

My most helpful gardener... Taffe the Watering-Man. Give this kid some water, and he is happy! (Remind me of that during the next 2 yr old tantrum!) We spend lots of time in our garden, praying it will look as beautiful as before we moved in, and hoping Papa will be back soon to help us!!! :)
Taffe and Grandma have new game of making it rain.... pure delight!



The previous owners created an award winning garden. Yikes, the pressure! I am aiming to just keep everything alive, and to prune and weed enough so everyone can see the gorgeous perennials. Papa donated one new beauty: the Bleeding Heart. Already blooming!

I think these are irises. They are fragrant and I love them!


Clematis that no one can see since it's on the far side of the house... hated this scraggly plant last year. Now that it's in bloom, I get it!


Some type of peony bush. Oh, peonies, I love them!!! And we have about a hundred about to bloom! Can't wait!!! I feel like I should have a party just to show them off, but then I'd have to clean the house, and I can't be bothered. Sigh. Come around for a drive by though and we'll show you around the (outside of the ) house !


1 comment:

  1. Peonies are my favorite too! I'm waiting for our bush to bloom. In the meantime, can I come over and make myself a bouquet from yours?! ;) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete